Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cooking with Lesley 2

It's been a while since I updated my blog...I'm just been too busy (and away) too much.

I had another cooking session with Lesley. For starter, Lesley made some Thai shrimps with lime and chili (not pictured). We also made some mussels with spiced rice (cinnamon, allspice, chili powder):




For the main course, we made herb and lemon stuffed steelhead trout baked in a salt crust, some raosted vegetables, and a couscous salad (strawberry tomatoes, mint, lemon zest). The fish was extremely moist and tasty. We had a bit of a nervous moment when the crust didn't seem to form, but it worked out well at the end. It may have been better if we had use finer salt. I also made some saffron aioli to go with the fish.

Out of the oven:


After the crust is removed:






Dessert was made by Paddy: lemon vanilla cake and chocolate mint brownies.



It was a great meal, and we had a lot of fun. I have wanted to try cooking fish this way for a while and it's a really great way to cook fish. Flavorful and moist.

No comments: