Sunday, July 22, 2007

Chilled Asparagus with Egg Mimosa

I tried making this dish from Thomas Keller's Bouchon book. It's been a while since I have made something with this many components and it took a while to get back into it again...but it worked out quite well. The only problem was that the asparagus was slightly overcooked---it said 4-7 minutes or until just tender, but it probably only took 2.5 minutes to get to just tender. Perhaps my asparagus were thinner. Otherwise it worked out quite well, and it is certainly easy to fix now that I know what was wrong. I think it is a pretty nice starter in the summer.

Anyway, the components on the dish (from the bottom) are asparagus coulis, the chilled asparagus, red wine vinegar+Dijon vinaigrette, chopped cooked egg yolks, and finally radish + chives garnish.

No comments: