Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dinner Party

I had a dinner party last weekend. I am slowly getting back to this and I think my skills are starting to get back to where they used to be. Took me a while.

Anyway, I served three things.

The starter has seared scallops served on a lightly curried cauliflower puree, topped with some lumpfish caviar and a parmasan cracker for some saltiness. I think it worked very well, especially the cauliflower puree. The hint of curry worked quite well with the natural sweetness of the scallops.




For the main course, I made a Chinese flavor sweet and sour beef short ribs (hoisin, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar). I served this with some sauteed carrots and polenta fries. The meat was very tender after 2.5 hours of braising. Overall I am happy with the dish.




The dessert was a warm chocolate pudding cake with vanilla ice cream on top. No pictures...I forgot. Another success.

The taste was great. Again, the presentation probably could have been improved...

No comments: