Friday, August 10, 2007

Cooking for friends Part I

I am back from my trip from Toronto and Waterloo. While I was there I cooked a couple of meals for all my friends.

The first meal was inspired mostly by what I saw at the Farmer's market at St. Jacobs. I made some roasted peppers of different colors:



and then I put the roasted peppers, some fennel, and monk fish fillets into a foil package on the grill. It was moist and nicely cooked. The only small problem was that it was just a little bit over salted, but it was not my fault...Dave salted the dish. :)



This turned out to be a very nice way to cook fish. We also grilled some eggplants and roasted some potatoes to go with the meal.

For dessert, I made a rosemary vanilla pana cotta which was a great success:



Yes, the ramekins don't match at all. It reminds me of the good old days when I didn't have all the fancy toys that I now have, and just used whatever I have available provided by the landlord. :)

No comments: